Doorways is a group of approximately 100 international women who meet monthly to socialize, celebrate culture and develop friendships. This members-only group includes women from more than 40 countries.
From September through April (except for December) they meet at the Midwood International & Cultural Center for a social hour at 10 a.m. and then a guest speaker presentation. Lunch afterwards is optional and usually at an ethnic restaurant.
From May through August, members host potluck luncheons in their homes or enjoy visits to local places of interest. The most festive potluck luncheon is held in December, when each member brings a national dish to share as they gather to celebrate the holidays in the home of Lakana Bikhazi.
Join us! Make new friends in Doorways
- Membership dues are $60 per year.
- Dues include a printed membership directory, refreshments and a $45 donation to International House.
- For an invitation to attend your first meeting as a guest, please contact Lakana Bikhazi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: All Doorways meetings are reserved for paying members.
- Members are kindly requested not to use Doorways as a platform to promote business, religion or politics.
“My main objective is to make sure that everyone who comes to Doorways looking for new friends and interesting activities will feel welcomed and have the assurance that she can belong if she wants to stay.”
- Lakana Bikhazi, head of Doorways