Title: Program Associate, Citizen Diplomacy Programs
Hours: Part-time, 15 hours per week, work schedule flexible
Salary: $13.30 per hour
International House solicits applications for Program Associate for Citizen Diplomacy Programs. The Program Associate will be responsible for a variety of administrative and programming functions in relation to International House’s international visitor initiatives, particularly the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) and Community Connections (CC) Program. The position reports to the Program Director of Citizen Diplomacy Programs. Position will begin in mid-May and is a non-exempt, part-time position. Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Lara Printz, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To answer departmental and organizational phone lines.
- To maintain resource, volunteer and program databases (CC/IVLP).
- To maintain accurate and organized records on community resources.
- To prepare and maintain CC participant and home host notebooks.
- To keep IVLP visitor folder contents current (city information, social and cultural brochures).
- To assemble visitor welcome folders.
- To re-organize and file visitor folders at the end of each program.
- To write thank you notes to professional and cultural resources.
- To create, implement and maintain a follow-up system to document visitor feedback.
- To update and maintain office forms (i.e. visitor evaluation, volunteer program folder cover sheets, and intra-office logistical forms).
- To process data and prepare information in support of grant reporting functions.To order supplies for IVLP and Community Connections.
- To serve as an additional point of contact and trouble-shooter for international visitors in the event that the Program Director is not available.
- To serve as a liaison with CDP interns and volunteers for programming and administrative tasks.
- To assist in research for programs and promotional activities.
- To research and secure scheduling commitments from community resources.
- To arrange cultural and educational activities.
- To communicate biographic and cultural information to potential resources.
- To arrange accommodations and transportation. To write itineraries and directions.