Ginter Immigration Law Clinic
The Ginter Immigration Law Clinic at International House focuses on uniting families, serving the disadvantaged, and preventing exploitation of vulnerable immigrants. Created in 2002, the clinic serves over 1000 people annually. The Clinic is open to all ethnic groups, targeting the most disadvantaged cases. We help protect vulnerable immigrants from unscrupulous non-attorney providers.
Who is eligible?
- The clinic provides legal assistance in immigration matters to individuals and families of all nationalities who qualify for services based on their income, place of residence, eligibility for immigration benefits, and type of case.
- Low-income residents (those earning less than 200% of federal poverty guidelines) living in the Greater Charlotte area who qualify for some immigration benefit may be eligible for our services. We serve refugees and asylees in most cases without regard to income.
- Clients will be required to submit some proof of income, residence, and eligibility for immigration benefit.
How much does it cost?
- We charge nominal flat fees for our services, and these fees are 15%-25% of what you would pay for services from a private legal firm.
- Some refugee and asylee cases are handled free of charge.
- We are committed to serving all eligible clients regardless of their ability to pay.
What types of cases do you accept?
- We specialize in family immigration and naturalization.
- We also represent refugees and asylees.
How can I get immigration help?
- New clients can call the clinic at 704-405-0962.
- Our office hours are Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m.— 5:00 p.m.
- Please call the number above before coming by.